Tuesday, 03 June 2014 16:12

Glasgow Firefighters dispatched at the scene of Dana fire to investigate a fire alarm at Barren County High School.


The Glasgow Fire Department responded to Dana Corporation yesterday morning, to investigate a call from the plant reporting a fire in the press room. Upon arrival firefighters found the press room area full of smoke with smoke coming out of a vent in the roof. Firefighters were told by plant personnel that they thought they had the fire out but that they were needing the firefighters to check for fire extension in the vent piping and the machine itself. Firefighters also went on the roof to make sure the fire had not spread. The fire was quickly overhauled and the smoke removed from the building.


The fire started from a steel blank that had been heated and was in the process of being pressed but was accidentally dropped by a robot into some dust residue which ignited in the machine and the fire ignited some more residue in the vent pipe.  There was no damage estimate but appeared to be minor, with most of the damage contained to the vent pipe itself. There were no injuries and firefighters were on the scene around 30 minutes. Firefighter were assisted at the scene by Barren Metcalfe Ambulance Service.


While responding to the Dana fire firefighters were also dispatched at the same time to a fire alarm at Barren County High School.   It was determined that the alarm at BCHS has been triggered by steam, andno fire was present.


Who's Online

We have 933 guests online

Today is Robert Garvin Day!!

WCLU Weather

°F | °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Heavy Thunderstorms
67 | 76
19 | 24
Heavy Thunderstorms
66 | 75
18 | 23