GLASGOW FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPOND TO WEDNESDAY MORNING FIRE AT FEDERAL MOGUL PDF Print
Friday, 17 January 2014 05:51

On Wednesday morning, the Glasgow Fire department  responded to Aberdeen Drive for a report of a fire alarm at Federal Mogul.  While in route, Dispatch advised Firefighters that there was smoke coming from one of their ovens, according to the facilities manager. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found that all personnel had been evacuated from the building.  According to Glasgow Fire Chief Tony Atwood, through investigation, Firefighters found that some brake parts inside an oven had overheated and had been removed to a parking lot at the rear of the building. Firefighters extinguished the brake parts and ensured there was no fire extension in the facility, although there was a small amount of smoke.  Firefighters were on the scene around 30 minutes. No injuries were reported and no damage estimate given.

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

63°
17°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 44%
Fri
Partly Cloudy
46 | 69
7 | 20
Sat
Partly Cloudy
45 | 73
7 | 22