AN ATTEMPT TO THAW FROZEN WATER PIPES LEADS TO HOUSE FIRE PDF Print
Thursday, 09 January 2014 05:58

An attempt to thaw frozen water pipes, leads to a house fire in Glasgow early Tuesday afternoon.  The Glasgow Fire department responded to Milton Ave. in response to a call from the residence saying they thought their house was on fire. Upon arrival, firefighters found that there was a fire in the crawl space at the rear of the house and another fire on the first floor.  Firefighters were able to extinguish both fires.

 

The fire was caused by a torpedo heater that was being used to thaw out frozen water lines.  No injuries were reported and Firefighters were on the scene for 1 hour and 45 minutes.  The fire department was assisted at the scene by the Glasgow Police Department, Barren Metcalfe EMS, and Electric Plant Board

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

47°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 96%
Fri
Partly Cloudy
46 | 67
7 | 19
Sat
Sunny
45 | 73
7 | 22