MIDDAY FIRE DAMAGES SHONEYS; EMPLOYEES AND PATRONS EVACUATED PDF Print
Wednesday, 11 September 2013 13:54

The Glasgow Fire Department responded at 11:09am to a call from Shoney's 100 Calvary drive reporting a fire in the kitchen. When firefighters arrived there was a small amount of white smoke visible from the rear of the building which within a minute had changed to moderate dark smoke. Firefighters made entry into the rear of the structure to knock down the fire which was in the front portion of the kitchen area. after the fire was knocked down and the smoke removed firefighters investigated the fire and it was determined that the fire had started in a deep fryer. Shoney's personnel noticed that the oil in the fryer was smoking and turned it off and another employee placed a large cover over the oil but it ignited anyway at which time the employees evacuated the building of all patrons and employees, and called 911. The hood system deployed but did not knock the fire down. The initial damage estimate was in the several thousand of dollars. The fire department would like to commend the employees for the safe evacuation of all employees and patrons. There were no injuries reported. Firefighter were on the scene around an hour and a half. Assisting at the scene was the Glasgow Police department and Barren Metcalfe EMS, and the Barren County Health department.

 

 

Today is Kenneth and Etta Calvert Day!  Celebrating an  Anniversary Tomorrow!!

WCLU Weather

76°
24°
°F | °C
Thunder in the Vicinity
Humidity: 79%
Wed
Scattered Thunderstorms
67 | 90
19 | 32
Thu
Partly Cloudy
58 | 82
14 | 27