Monday, 18 March 2013 09:10

The Glasgow Fire Department responded to 112 Myrtle Street at 7:28 this morning to a report of smoke in the house possibly from a lightning strike. After arrival firefighters found that lightning had struck close to the house and had entered into the foundation and exiting on the opposite of side of the house at a grounding wire and had also entered the house in the living room displacing some floor tile and molding at the floor. The strike also entered a wire and burnt out the power cord and the audio video cable and went into the rear of the TV. There was no fire but a light smoke was visible inside the house. The rest of the house as well as the attic was searched for any more damage but none was found. The breaker for the living room was also tripped. Firefighters were on the scene around 30 minutes. While fire crews were responding to Myrtle st a call also came in for a fire alarm at 1015 South green st and two units were diverted while en route from Myrtle to South Green street. No fire was found on South Green st and units were on the scene around 10 minutes. No injuries were reported at either house.


This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

°F | °C
Humidity: 53%
Partly Cloudy
51 | 76
10 | 24
Mostly Cloudy
59 | 76
15 | 24