FAULTY SENSOR SET OFF FIRE ALARM AT WALMART; ORDERLY EVACUATION, NO FIRE PDF Print
Monday, 04 March 2013 04:54

The Glasgow Fire dept responded to report for a Fire on the roof of Walmart

in Glasgow at around 6:00 pm Sunday evening  Upon arrival firefighters gained

access to the roof and located the area that the alarm was coming from. A Walmart associate had seen  some possible smoke. No fire was found on the roof. Walmart contacted their alarm company after the alarm would not reset.  Fire department personnel the sensor on test. Walmart evacuated their building

for around 45 minutes.  Glasgow Fire Department officials noted  the evacuation was handled great by Walmart personnel. No injuries or damage was reported.

 

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

53°
11°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 59%
Sun
Mostly Sunny
51 | 77
10 | 25
Mon
Partly Cloudy
57 | 77
13 | 25