HILLCREST APARTMENT FIRE PDF Print
Sunday, 30 September 2012 06:01

The Glasgow Fire Department responded to a report of smoke coming from apartment E 8 at Hillcrest Apartments on Shalimar drive. Upon arrival firefighters forced the door to the apartment and found that two residents were still in the apartment and were removed with the assistance of firefighters to the outside. The fire was contained to the kitchen area and started when some food that was being cooked in a microwave caught on fire and then caught the cabinets on fire. The damage to the apartment was minor and firefighters removed the smoke from the apartment. One person was transported to T. J. Samson Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation though the injuries appear to be minor. Two other people were treated at the scene. No other injuries were reported.

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

60°
15°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 52%
Sat
Sunny
47 | 75
8 | 23
Sun
Mostly Sunny
52 | 78
11 | 25