GLASGOW HOME DAMAGED IN HOUSE FIRE; TWO DOGS DIE IN BLAZE PDF Print
Thursday, 16 February 2012 07:27

Units of the Glasgow fire dept responded at 12:20pm to a report of a house on fire at 107 Rachel Ct. Upon arrival firefighters found a fire in the rear of the structure in the kitchen area. The firefighters quickly knocked the fire down and the firefighters were advised that there were two dogs in the house. Firefighters did a quick search of the house and determined that both dogs had died in the fire, but a snake was found alive and firefighters brought the snake out and placed into the care of the renters. No one was at home when the fire broke out, but arrived back at the house just before the arrival of any fire units. The fire started from a pot which contained oil in it was left on the stove. The renters stated that they thought they had turned the stove off but accidentally left it on, when they left the house. There was heavy fire damage to the kitchen area and a lot of smoke and heat damage throughout the house. Firefighters were on the scene around 2 hours.

 

Today is Anne Taylor Day!!  Anne had a birthday last week and she does a lot of volunteer work!!

WCLU Weather

63°
17°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 79%
Thu
Mostly Sunny
67 | 88
19 | 31
Fri
Heavy Thunderstorms
41 | 72
5 | 22